RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, February 10, 2014

When I was backing The '98 Honda With the Four New Tires out of the driveway early this afternoon, While doing so, I saw that the garage door was open at the home of My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut. A few seconds later, I noticed that Diane, Al's wife, was driving their Toyota Tundra pickup, probably headed to Hy-Vee for some fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free yogurt and skim milk. I rolled down the window, and so did Diane. "How's Al?" I asked. "I haven't seen him for a few days." "He's pissed," Diane said. "In fact, he's been pissed since Friday." "What's the problem?" I asked. "Well, Al went to the doctor and got bad news," Diane explained. "What kind of bad news?" I asked. "He said his blood pressure and his weight were the same numbers, which usually isn't a good thing." Diane said. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "I mean his blood pressure was 180 over 70 and his weight was 180," Diane said. "What did the doctor say about those numbers?" I asked. "He didn't like Al's top number on the blood pressure, so he gave him a prescription for a higher-dose blood pressure pill," Diane said. "Now he's hoping the new pill doesn't make him dizzy." That figures. There's a reason I call the guy My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut."

Photo courtesy of Google